This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated: Cygwin 1.7.30-1
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 10:35:36 +0200
- Subject: Updated: Cygwin 1.7.30-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Hi Cygwin friends and users,
I just released Cygwin 1.7.30-1. This is a bugfix release.
Please note that despite recent discussions about the new passwd/group
handling being in 1.7.30, it's not. The changes are still work in
progress, so we decided to release 1.7.30 as an intermediate bugfix
- Only handle the minimum amount of exceptions required in internal Cygwin
- Ignore setsockopt(IPV6_TCLASS). It always returns an error code on Windows.
- Workaround a problem following native NTFS symlinks.
- Fix `passwd -R' broken since 1.7.28.
- Allow 0 length in calls to readv/writev.
- Workaround Winsock not setting SO_ERROR on dup'ed socket after receiving
event on sibling socket.
- Accept INADDR_ANY/in6addr_any to connect to local AF_INET/AF_INET6
address, as on Linux.
- Workaround weird status codes returned when trying to run transactions
under a Perforce SCCS managed directory.
- Return expected 4 bytes size from getsockopt(TCP_NODELAY), not 1 as
- Ignore trailing whitespace on #! scripts.
- Fix raw floppy drive handling broken since 1.7.19.
- Fix handling of ioctl for /dev/dsp.
To install 32-bit Cygwin use http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe
To install 64 bit Cygwin use http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
The 64 bit Cygwin distribution doesn't yet come with as many packages
as the 32 bit version, but more packages will be available over time.
If you're already running a 32 bit version of Cygwin on 64 bit Windows
machines, you can continue to do so. If you're planning a new install
of Cygwin on a 64 bit Windows machine, consider to use the new 64 bit
Cygwin version, unless you need certain packages not yet available in
the 64 bit release.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com