This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated: shutdown 2.0-2
- From: Frank Fesevur <ffes at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 23:27:58 +0100
- Subject: Updated: shutdown 2.0-2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: mailfilter.webhostingserver.nl; auth=pass smtp.auth=195 dot 211 dot 72 dot 33 at s216 dot webhostingserver dot nl
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
I've just updated the version of shutdown to v2.0-2 and it can be found at
a server near you.
This release fixes a build issue in the package. The 64-bit package actually
contained a 32-bit shutdown.exe
FULL CHANGELOG (since shutdown-1.10-1)
* Added --install to install Windows Updates during shutdown/reboot.
The InitiateShutdown() Windows API call is used for this. This function is
only available from Windows 6.0 (aka Vista or Server 2008) or higher.
To assure backwards compatibility with WinXP and Server 2003,
InitiateShutdown() is loaded dynamically at runtime. Since Cygwin 2.6
support for Windows XP and Server 2003 has been dropped, so this backward
compatibility will be removed in a future release.
* Added --hybrid to shutdown in hybrid mode. Hybrid is the default shutdown
method with shutting down with the UI of Windows 8.x and higher.
* The default shutdown messages will give more information on what is about
* User can supply his own shutdown message on the command line.