Re: New versions of bzip2 and patch?

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 11:44:26PM +0100, Michael Ring wrote:
>Just found this thread here....
>
>O.K. you all found me busy with other work 8-(, sorry for that.
>
>patch is in very good condition, I have been sitting on thins patch
>(well, actually been using it) for months and the changes I made to the
>code are very straightforward. I will release this asap.

Btw, the new version of cygwin has some options that you can link with
patch that I think might make things easier.  You can link with
textmode.o, binmode.o, or automode.o.  textmode.o makes all opens which
do not specify otherwise default to text mode regardless of mount,
binmode.o makes all opens which do not specify otherwise default to
binmode regardless of mount, automode.o makes opening for reading
default to text and opening for writing default to binary.

In retrospect, I wish I'd named this 'mixedmode.o' because I rediscovered
yesterday that 'auto mode' already has a meaning within the cygwin internals.
It refers to /cygdrive type of mounts.