Re: bash calls private readline functions

> > > These are defined in rlprivate.h:
> > >   _rl_set_screen_size
> > >   rl_last_func
> > >   rl_explicit_arg
> > >   rl_editing_mode
> >
> > Thanks.  These have been fixed.
>
> Out of curiosity, how did you fix these?  (I haven't seen an updated
> tarball on ftp.gnu.org for either readline or bash, so I'm not sure how
> you approached this).  Did you work around it in bash, so that bash
> doesn't call the private functions, or did you make them public in
> readline? (If the latter, then I need to modify my DLL exports to take
> that into account).

The three variables were moved to readline.h.  I added a new function,
rl_set_screen_size, made it part of the public interface, and changed
bash to call it.  rl_set_screen_size just calls _rl_set_screen_size.

( ``Discere est Dolere'' -- chet)

Chet Ramey, CWRU    chet@po.CWRU.Edu    http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/