Re: Has sys/stat.h changed

[Moved to cygwin-apps from cygwin-developers]
On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 05:03:55PM -0500, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>Brian Keener wrote:
>>
>> Well, I rolled everything back to what I think I had before my mass set
>> of updates and my cinstall now compiles again and actually reports the
>> sizes correctly.
>>
>> Now all I have to do is figure out which update is was that broke it.
>>
>> Can some one point me in a general direction of what packages might be
>> involved in the configure and making process of cinstall and the which
>> package is responsible for the sys/stat.h header file so that I can
>> minimize my search and bring the rest of the packages up to date again
>> without worrying about having to watch all the packages.
>
>Corinna has just patched download.cc to avoid the problem.  The real
>problem is that __MSVCRT__ needs to be defined in -mno-cygwin is used.
>This would fix the problem.
>
>I know that I had this in my patch to Chris.  He must have missed it
>when he created the distribution.

I'm not sure how I did this since your changes are currently in my sources.
I did miss it though.  Sorry.

I have a new distribution ready to go.  I was waiting to see if I got everything
right but testing it on some internal guinea pigs.

Unfortunately, they don't use cygwin the way the rest of the net does.

A couple of questions:

1) Was the defaulting to -mno-win32 a noble but doomed experiment?

2) If we want to stick with -mno-win32 as the default, should gcc
   include /usr/include/w32api by default?  I really don't think that
   it should but I don't look forward to submitting changes to
   the stuff in sources.redhat.com that breaks as a result.

3) Does anyone run this release of gcc as a cross compiler?  Corinna
   isn't able to do this but I'm not having any problems building it.

4) Is anyone going to checkin a libstdc++.a into winsup/mingw so that I
   can add this to the distribution?

If we can clarify the above points, I'll make a gcc-2.95.2-8 release.