This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: dvips(k) and popen
- To: "Dr. Volker Zell" <Dr dot Volker dot Zell at oracle dot com>
- Subject: Re: dvips(k) and popen
- From: Jerome BENOIT <JGMBenoit at Wanadoo dot fr>
- Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 00:57:43 +0100
- CC: "apps, Cygwin" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- References: <3AA76755.9899FFE0@Wanadoo.fr> <email@example.com>
"Dr. Volker Zell" wrote:
> >>>>> "Jerome" == Jerome BENOIT <JGMBenoit@Wanadoo.fr> writes:
> Jerome> Hello !
> Jerome> I plan to make teTeX available under cygwin distribution (contrib)
> Jerome> in few days.
> Jerome> Before to upload I woud like to fix the popen misbehaviour
> Jerome> of dvips(k):
> Jerome> 1] if my ~/.dvipsrc has the line `o | gv' [where gv can read pipes],
> Jerome> when I type `dvips sample2e.dvi' the dvips output is effectivelly
> Jerome> piped;
> Jerome> 2] but if my ~/.dvipsrc has the line `o';
> Jerome> when I type `dvips sample2e.dvi -o ! gv' I got strange behaviours.
> Jerome> Has anyone get a patch that fix it ?
> In my case, both cases work just fine, but I have to specify gv -
> instead of just gv.
> My gv only reads from standard in if I specify gv -
> I use
> o gv-3.5.8 - http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gv/index.html
> I also tried with
> o ghostview-1.5 - ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu:/pub/gnu/ghostview/
I suspect that you use Xfree stuff: if true, have you try on a Win9X
> It works the same as gv.
> Jerome> Thanks in advance,
> Jerome> Jerome BENOIT