This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: -mwin32 test macro
- To: Robert Collins <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- Subject: Re: -mwin32 test macro
- From: "Lars J. Aas" <larsa at sim dot no>
- Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:33:08 +0100
- Cc: cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com, autoconf at gnu dot org
- References: <035401c0ac91$3ba21fd0$0200a8c0@lifelesswks>
On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 01:15:31AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
: It sets ac_cc_win32 to yes or no as appropriate, so test writers in
: configure.in can do an AC_SUBST or AC_DEFINE and switch off bits of
: their code, or do as above, and fail the configure script.
It's more useful to set it to "true" / "false". Then you can write
if $ac_cc_win32; then
instead of having to do a string comparison like
if test x"$ac_cc_win32" = x"yes"; then
Innovation is one percent inspiration and ninetynine percent perspiration,
and in my case; twice that... -- Norville Barnes, `The Hudsucker Proxy'