This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: V4a win32 macro
- To: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>,"Akim Demaille" <akim at epita dot fr>
- Subject: RE: V4a win32 macro
- From: "Tim Van Holder" <tim dot van dot holder at pandora dot be>
- Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 15:33:08 +0100
- Cc: <cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com>,<autoconf at gnu dot org>
> Must be an oddity with my install then.
First off, please try to use reply below quoted text to preserve
normal conversation flow. I use Outlook too, so I know that doesn't
make it easy, but still...
In any case, it looks like automake is the culprit; the output you
posted clearly showed automake's INIT macro running.
AC_PROVIDE_IFELSE([AC_PROG_][CC], <-- this is the problem I think
It seems AC_PROG_CPP ends up running before AC_PROG_CC, which is bad.
I'm not an autotools guru, so I'm not too sure of where things are failing.
I get the same failure with
But removing AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE makes it DTRT. So automake's macros
screw up the AC_REQUIRE's somehow.
> configure: creating cache /dev/null
This seems suspect too.