This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bug in ash (Was: State of the DLL, mark 2?)
- To: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com, cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: bug in ash (Was: State of the DLL, mark 2?)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 11:35:43 +0200
- References: <20010319203650.A30559@redhat.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20010320091254.F32706@redhat.com> <email@example.com> <20010320101715.K32706@redhat.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20010322161241.A18144@redhat.com>
- Reply-To: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com>
On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 04:12:41PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 11:52:24PM +0300, Egor Duda wrote:
> >well, i've found the reason. moreover, i've found that as was once
> >patched to fix this bug, but later, patch was reverted. i wonder why.
> >did it have some ill side effects?
> Hmm. I vaguely remember this. I remember asking Corinna to look into
> this but neither of us had an actual test case that tickled the bug.
> I can't find any email from Corinna explaining why the bug was backed
> out but I wonder if I asked her to do this in a phone call or something.
Correct. I have applied that patch but I never found the bug itself
so Chris asked me to back out the patch again due to a patch for an
unknown bug is somewhat weird.
> I will wait for Corinna to come back from holiday so that she can offer
> the definitive opinion, though.
I will reapply Andy's patch again.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.