Re: pthreads support

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Not at all.  I now dub you the official Cygwin pthreads maintainer.  I've
> been hoping that someone would step up to work on this and you've done
> more in the last two or three weeks than has been accomplished in the
> last two years.

This is great news! Thanks for all the great work.

Robert, The first "simple" testcase is gcc itself (configured with
--enable-threads=posix), since gcc uses a very small subset of pthreads
functionality, and that's what I'm going to try as soon as I get a
chance to update my local tree. For a now-(temporarily-)abondoned glibc
port to win32, I used the testcases from pthreads-win32 project [1],
and some from the GNU Pth project [2] (I don't remember what my success
rate was, only that it wasn't that high).

[1] http://sources.redhat.com/pthreads-win32/
[2] http://www.gnu.org/software/pth/pth.html

Regards,
Mumit

ps: The Reply-To is set to cygwin-apps; isn't this more appropriate for
cygwin-dev list? I'm pruning cygwin-xfree.