Re: GCC -mno-cygwin vs mingw32-gcc cross environment.

Paul Garceau wrote:

>         I would agree with Chris...not to "deprecate", as Earnie states, but
> to discourage the use of -mno-cygwin for anyone not familiar enough
> with the differences between using -mno-cygwin vs not using -mno-
> cygwin.
>         There has been a *ell of a lot of work put in to getting -mno-cygwin
> to work over the years.  I don't believe that effort should be wasted
> by eliminating (or "deprecating", as Earnie puts it) the -mno-cygwin
> switch.

Paul, see http://www.bartleby.com/61/54/D0145400.html for a definition
of the word deprecate.  As for the work in -mno-cygwin, I don't think
the current maintainer would mind not having to support it any further.
Besides it's a Cygwin specific and not a normal UNIX way of doing cross
building.  MinGW is foreign wrt Cygwin and should be treated as any
other foreign host/target.

Earnie.