Re: ld --auto-import for cygwin and libtool

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 11:19:48AM +1000, Travis Howell wrote:
>I tried using that older binutils 20000722-1  again along with downgrading
>the rest of Cygwin and it still works fine with data exports!
>Are you sure you aren't getting the binutils versions confused ? the
>announcement (
>http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2000/msg00041.html ) for
>20000722-1 mentions nothing much changed but the announcement (
>http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2000/msg00091.html ) for
>20001029 mentions several changes from dj, cgf and you.

I just checked all of my email.  To the best of my knowledge I have
never applied a patch from Paul Sokolovsky to binutils.  I could be
wrong but I don't see any mail from him to me about this or from me to
him.

It's possible that something was broken in binutils by subsequent
changes.

These days, my binutils releases are fairly standard except for a couple
of my own cygwin-specific changes which were not accepted by the
binutils maintainers.