Re: ld --auto-import for cygwin and libtool

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 11:19:48AM +1000, Travis Howell wrote:
> >I tried using that older binutils 20000722-1  again along with
downgrading
> >the rest of Cygwin and it still works fine with data exports!
> >Are you sure you aren't getting the binutils versions confused ? the
> >announcement (
> >http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2000/msg00041.html ) for
> >20000722-1 mentions nothing much changed but the announcement (
> >http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2000/msg00091.html ) for
> >20001029 mentions several changes from dj, cgf and you.
>
> I just checked all of my email.  To the best of my knowledge I have
> never applied a patch from Paul Sokolovsky to binutils.  I could be
> wrong but I don't see any mail from him to me about this or from me to
> him.
>
> It's possible that something was broken in binutils by subsequent
> changes.
>
> These days, my binutils releases are fairly standard except for a couple
> of my own cygwin-specific changes which were not accepted by the
> binutils maintainers.
>
> cgf

A patch from Paul Sokolovsky was in binutils-20001029-2.tar.gz
Check out http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2000/msg00091.html
and http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2000-11/msg00982.html
Quotes from those messages to save you looking:
- Fix from Paul Sokolovsky that deals with exporting data
  variables correctly in conjunction with an --export-all-symbols.
2000-10-04  Paul Sokolovsky  <Paul.Sokolovsky@technologist.com>
        * pe-dll.c (make_one): Do not generate code thunk for DATA
        exports. (process_def_file): deduce DATA flag for
        auto-export sumbols.