Re: w32api-1.1-1 has been moved to sourceware

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 12:39:46PM -0400, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>Do I need to create the md5.sum file or is that done automagically?

Yes:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2001-04/msg00010.html

>How long should I wait before the announcement?

I haven't been waiting any time at all currently.  I just put language
in my release announcement that makes it clear that the mirrors may
not be updated yet.

Btw, I fixed your setup.hint file.  You need to provide a 'curr' and a 'prev'
field and both are just the version number, not the complete tar file name.

I don't think it has been mentioned but documentation for setup.hint is
here:

http://cygwin.com/setup.html

I probably should link that somewhere.

Actually, I would be grateful if someone could write a web page
detailing what it takes to contribute to cygwin.

Btw, you should do yourself a favor and change the From:, Reply-To, and
Mail-Followup-To to 'cygwin@cygwin.com' in your announcement.

Actually the Reply-To and Mail-Followup-To do *me* a favor because that
means I don't have to see all of the "Why I not w32api the cygwin?"
questions that show up when people respond directly to your
announcement.

Also, I'd appreciate it if you would include the standard unsubscribe
text that we've all been including in our messages.