Re: [RFD] ncurses update

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>>Also, then you'd have "ncurses5" and "ncurses6" -- which contain just
>>the dll's, along with "ncurses" which contains the executables and man
>>pages.  That just doesn't seem to make much sense to me.
>>

> ??? I never said so.  I was talking about the current package called
> "ncurses" and the old compatibility package called "curses5".

Yes, I understood that. I was looking ahead to the next ABI change, when
you'd NEED two compatibility packages.  The problem then becomes
updating -- again -- all of the package descriptions that depend on
ncurses.

The argument about whether to short-circuit that *second* round of
dependency updates, and go ahead NOW with a ncurses6 (libncurses6)
compatibility package is a separate argument.  (An argument I agree with).

--Chuck