Re: Fwd: Re: [Refresh]: patch for C++ parser bug with function attributes

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 04:07:33PM +1000, Danny Smith wrote:
> --- Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> wrote: > On Fri, Sep 21, 2001
>at 12:49:50PM +1000, Danny Smith wrote:
>> >Joseph's patch is here:
>> >http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-09/msg00774.html
>> >
>> >I will start on this. Any interest in backport to 3.0.1, or should I
>> >just target 3.1?  I'm hoping it may solve some of the other
>> attribute
>> >problems (stdcall and dllimport) in C++ classes with 3.0.1.
>>
>> Can you build the trunk version of gcc, Danny?
>
>Yes. 3-stage bootstrap with mingw as gcc with cygwin utils.
>
> I have made only a few changes.  One having to do with b**dy anonymous
>unions (again) in w32api (needed for threads)
>/* "The member specification of anonymous unions shall only
> define  non-static data members"  saith the Standard */
>Two anon unions in w32api aren't compliant. I will clean that up and
>put in w32api cvs

I've seen the errors but I don't understand why the data members are
considered "static".  Weren't they just array references?

>Another I sent to Joseph (see below).
>
>The rest were litle bits for libstdc++ (no SIGTRAP) or changes in
>mingw32.h to override the cygwin directory specs.

Do you want me to update mingw32.h in the gcc.gnu.org repository?

>I have since put in Donn Terrys native-struct patches and they seem to
>work okay.
>Now (take deep breath) to attack the dll stuff .

Do you have these patches available somewhere, by any chance?  I'd like
to try applying them to my sandbox to see if it allows me to compile
things.  Your changes below didn't do the trick for me, unfortunately.