Re: File handling in setup.exe

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 08:49:18AM -0600, Warren Young wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>
>> FWIW, I really like what you've proposed.  It feels right.
>
>Thinking about it, I could do the Archive and Decomp parts first,
>without doing the Source bits, which means I can leave the current NetIO
>infrastructure alone.  This gives immediate benefit, it conforms to the
>original plan, touches as little code as possible, and yet is a good
>step towards the Grand Refactoring plan.  Little would have to be
>changed in Decomp and Archive once that latter step is taken.
>
>I think I'll start hacking on these parts while we hash out the
>specifics on the more grandiose parts of the refactoring.

Ok, but I have to defer to Robert's observations on the way to handle
this.  He's done a lot more thinking about the subject than I have.

Again, feel free to create a branch for working on this, if you want.
The files in winsup/maint are reputed to be excellent for manipulating
branches.  Robert can probably provide more details on these tools.