Aterm and Refresh problems

Hi,

I have Cygwin 1.3.3 on Windows 2000 with the XFree86 4.1.0 with Blackbox.  I was able to compile aterm from source without any problems.  However, when I run aterm, it seems as if it doesn't automatically refresh the window.  That is, when I type in the aterm window, I can't see what I'm typing until I force it to redraw the window (usually by moving the window).  Is it aterm that's the problem, or is it Blackbox, or is there some configuration setting I need to know?

On a side note, where/what is the config file for rxvt?  Thanks,

Socheat