Re: Move zlib up one level?

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 03:37:26PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>Good idea. For package management - querying installed packages/files
>per package etc, a c++ library built from parts of setup.exe will be
>needed. As I sort the object model out I'll happily assist putting this
>together.

Here's what I need so far, some is not actually setup specific, although
setup uses it:

1) Something to translate POSIX -> native.  Currently called "cygpath"
   in setup, although this is probably a bad choice of name.

2) Something to return the list of installed packages.

3) Something to return the cygwin mount table.  Currently, I have implemented
   a lightweight setmntent and getmntent using the code in

4) Something to parse a tar file name into package/version or altenatively,
   return that information from 2)

5) Something to return a list of files associated with a package.

That's it so far, I think.