Re: setup.exe suggestions

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 11:12:36AM -0500, Roth, Kevin P. wrote:
>CGF> - Don't ask about the start menu or desktop options if they already
>exist
>
>And regardless of whether they exist: don't ask again if I initially
>chose NOT to add them (or, provide a option that essentially says "don't
>add these options and don't ask me again). There may actually be some
>people who don't want one or the other (desktops and start menus can get
>quite cluttered...)

I actually thought about this but I don't think that you can safely assume
that the fact that answered "No" once means that you will answer "No" every
time.  Maybe adding an additional button like "Don't ask this question again?"
would be ok but I hate to complicate the interface any further.

>Also, if I've already done a "download from internet", the install
>option should ideally default to "install from local directory" instead
>of "install from internet".

I don't agree with this either.  Then you'd have to invent some kind of
heuristic for figuring out if the packages you've downloaded are actually
correct.