Re: nano - packaged and ready for some criticism :)

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 01:34:50PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> [...]

I don't know.  That's what I was asking.

>Thats where we are heading....

It could still be a trivial amount of time, though.  And, if not, wow
often do you install software?

Until we have something that guarantees that dir will always be up to
date, I don't think that having a sprinkling of packages which recreate
dir from scratch is necessarily a bad thing.

I'm used to waiting for a long time to install RPMs.  I have no idea
if they are doing this or not.  They're probably not but I probably
don't really care.

Unfortunately we still need band-aids in much of the setup machinery.
It will be a long time before we have the perfect installation.  People
seem to be now fixing their eyes on the distant shore while there is
still a lot of bailing to be done.  We need both the navigators and the
bailers, right now, of course.

And, of course, if we have to take time out from both navigating and
bailing to continually explain where we've been on the journey so far
(as we seem to be currently doing in the cygwin mailing list) eventually
the boat will stop entirely, and...