Re: zcat listing problem

Hallo Ralf,

Am 2001-11-25 um 21:08 schriebst du:

> I'm using zcat to list the compressed package files in /etc/setup.

Which version?
$ zcat --version
zcat 1.3
(1999-12-21)
Copyright 1999 Free Software Foundation
Copyright 1992-1993 Jean-loup Gailly
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of this program
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.
Compilation options:
DIRENT UTIME STDC_HEADERS HAVE_UNISTD_H HAVE_MEMORY_H HAVE_STRING_H
Written by Jean-loup Gailly.

> zcat has problems with linefeed/carriage return as shown below:

> $ zcat /etc/setup/pcre.lst.gz
> usr/bin/pcre-config
>                    usr/bin/pcregrep.exe
>                                        usr/include/pcre.h
>                                                          usr/include/pcreposix.h

Not for me (works ok. on text and binary mounts).
I remember there was a similar posting some weeks ago,
but I cannot remember what the solution to the problem was...

$ zcat /etc/setup/gzip.lst.gz
usr/
usr/bin/
usr/bin/gunzip.exe