Re: attn: which, bzip2,gzip maintainers (was Re: some problems with setup.ini)

---- Original Message -----
From: "Paul G." <pgarceau@qwest.net>
> > >I'm still not 100% sure that utils is appropriate.
> >
> > Me neither.
>
> FWIW, Mingw doesn't have an extensive utils as part of base
distribution.  Even
> so, you can download binutils as a separate enhancement from several
sources.

I always thought that mingw's aims were somewhat different to what
cygwin is (now) trying to do.

mingw: a compiler targeted for win32, (usually) hosted on win32, with
win32 binaries available.
cygwin: every *nix opensource utility (and one or two win32) under the
sun, available in binary form, along with a posix emulation layer to
make it all work.

Please correct me if I'm wrong :}.

Rob