Re: cygutils: Category

----- Original Message -----
From: "Earnie Boyd" <earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>
> > Keeping backward compatible/useable behaviour for
> > a) Local installs from directories without setup.ini files, and
>
> That user must deal with those themselves.

Nice in theory. If that was truely the case I could delete an entire
source file and remove some problematic logic from setup.exe.
Unfortunately, last I heard we do have to support those users.

> > b) packages that for (whatever) reason don't have a category.
> >

> If they are required as part of the Base setup then the category is
> simply Base.

No. Packages without a category have either been added manually to a
cached setup.ini, or have been added without a setup.hint. In either
case we dont' want them appearing under the Base category - they are NOT
officially sanctioned base packages that *we here* want to appear there.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2001-06/msg00098.html is
the message where Misc is suggested by cgf.

> > > Can I suggest we change the setup behavior please?
> >
> > Sure. You get to deal with the users though :}.
> >

> That's easy, just ignore them. ;)  Eventually someone will figure it
out
> and help those who can't.

True, true.

Rob