libtool packages

I've put three new packages here:
   http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/testing/

I am not yet ready to even ask for official inclusion.  This is just a
kind of "here, heads up, what do you think?" message.

There's
   libtool-20010531-rc6.tar.bz2
   libtool-20010531-rc6-src.tar.bz2
   libtool-devel-20010531-rc6.tar.bz2
   libtool-devel-20010531-rc6-src.tar.bz2
   libtool-stable-1.4.2-1.tar.bz2
   libtool-stable-1.4.2-1-src.tar.bz2

Just like the auto* packages, the libtool-devel package installs into
/usr/autotool/devel/, and the libtool-stable package installs into
/usr/autotool/stable/.  The libtool package is a set of wrapper scripts
that install into /usr/, and set the PATH and other ENV vars
appropriately before exec'ing the "correct" real libtool.

libtool-stable:
   contains libtool-1.4.2 (mostly OOB, patches are documentation only)
   works (more or less).  Follow the goat book examples to build DLLs
using this version.

libtool-devel:
   Robert Collin's hacked version.  (BTW, I recall that "edward
tailbert" submitted a number of libtool fixes to cygwin@ and libtool@
lists back in March.  Some (I think) were actually folded into libtool
cvs and are part of libtool-1.4official.  Do any of Robert's changes
harken back to edward?)  Anyway, it is based off of libtool-cvs on
20010531, with a 40k patch and then a bootstrap (redo the autoconf,
automake, autoheader, etc).  Now that I've parsed out the minimum
changes, I'll submit that to Gary Vaughan -- hopefully he'll find that
easier to deal with than the earlier 400k patch....
   Anyway, this version seems to be able to build DLLs OOB, using the
autoimport stuff.  (Of course, you have to re-libtoolize your target
package with the new version to get that to work -- which may also
entail updating configure.in to work with the new autoconf, and
re-autoconf'ing and re-automaking...)

libtool:
   contains "libtool-scripts-20010531' (I'm basing the versioning of my
-scripts- packages off of the cygwin -devel- version that they are
supposed to work with.)  Again, the choice of whether to use -stable- or
-devel- is based on configure.in: AC_PREREQ(X) X <= 2.13, stable; X >
2.13 or nonexistant, devel.

Note that BOTH libtool-1.4.2 (1.4.1, 1.4) and hacked libtool do NOT use
ltconfig.sh at all.  They only need ltmain.sh.  So, when
re-libtoolizing, be sure to rm ltconfig.sh...

packaging:
   As with the auto* packages, the -devel- version installs its info
files into /usr/info as well as /usr/autotool/devel/info/.  However,
since libtool also ships a library, ltdl, I'm in a bit of a bind.

The static lib can *probably* stay where it is (usr/autotool/*/lib) and
ltdlized packages will link to it okay.  (If not, most ltdlized packages
ship with the source code anyway, and build it themselves locally if it
"wants" to link statically.  Kinda like gettext/libintl).  However, both
stable and devel versions ALSO ship a dll.  And, since the source code
hadn't changed, the libtool version is 3:0:0 for both, so both the
stable and devel packages contain a 'cygltdl-3.dll'.

But they are not interchangeable.  One was linked "the old way" with
__declspec's and everything, while the other is a new-style
autoimport/autoexport library.  (I *think* the new one can sub for the
old one, but not vice versa)

Anyway, since they can't BOTH be in /usr/bin, and you DON'T want to set
PATH to /usr/autotool/*/bin (kinda defeats the whole wrapper script
idea) -- I arbitrarily put the -devel- version of the ltdl libs into /usr

Questions, comments, test reports?  They seem to work okay for my
minimal tests...

--Chuck