Re: gcc -mno-cygwin creates cygwin executables!

On 11 Dec 2001 at 20:57, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Robert Collins wrote:
> >
> > What I'd love to see is a supported mingw cross-compiler :}.
> >

> Give me a week or two, well actually toward the middle of January.
> It's in the works.  The question I have about this is, once we have a
> grand cross-compiler, should we get rid of -mno-cygwin?

;-)  Can think of some who would love to see the death of -mno-cygwin.

	Phasing it out might be a better option, for as long as there is sufficient documentation and support for the
cross-compiler.  Flip-side of getting rid of -mno-cygwin is that all those folks who are currently using the switch on a
regular basis, but who don't see a need to actually download and install Mingw, would likely feel the greatest impact.

	Paul G.