RE: FIGlet (again)

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Faylor [mailto:cgf@redhat.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 5:10 PM
To: cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: FIGlet (again)

> Um, the sdesc is still incorrect.  Look at the sdescs at
> http://cygwin.com/packages/.  You should see what I mean.  I rectified
> the description in the setup.hint.

Ah right, thanks.  I've looked and yes, I see where you're coming from.

> The sdesc line is what is displayed by setup.exe.  With the pervious
> layout it would look like something like this:

> figlet		2.2-1		figlet: figlet 2.2 EXPERIMENTAL

> This doesn't explain what figlet does in any way.

True, however in my defense, http://cygwin.com/setup.html isn't the best
when it comes to the sdesc etc.  In all fairness, "sdesc: some text" doesn't
really explain a lot :)  However, like I said, I'll reword setup.html when I
have some time.

> This is why, in the future, I want a corrected setup.hint posted to
> cygwin-apps for discussion.  This is a small enough file that there is
> no need to have a URL posted to it.

Fine with me.  The only reason I posted the URL was because the packages
themselves had changed too and so I was pointing at the whole bundle.

> I'd like at least two maintainers to sign off on the setup.hint before
> the package itself is accepted.

> Consider this a rite of passage.

I never did work out what a rite of passage actually was.  Time to hunt
around the Internet I think :)

Carl

of this email.