mount fails

hi folks,
I'm trying to mount a drive as textmode rather then the automatic
binmode.  I know mount for linux and freebsd but it's not acting
AFAICT correctly.
This is what I'm trying and the error I get

mount -t -s c:\cygwin /
mount: /: Invalid argument

I tried escaping and quoting the / in case windows dislikes /, even
though I'm using the cygwin bash. Didn't work. Basically I want
to edit in vim files I checkout with Sourcesafe.

If anyone knows how to make vim read windows files , that would also
solve my problem - I'm looking into that also..

Also, after I couldnt get the drive mounted as textmode or binmode
I decided a reboot was in order, hoping it would at least return
to it's default binmode. After a reboot the drive does not get remounted
and now things are generally messed up.

cheers,
ms-