RE: which which

Hi,

I've done the package.  The hint file should be embedded below.

Corinna - I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but should
it be an aim of Cygwin to use as many GNU original programs as
possible rather than writing our own (our in the collective noun
as it's _FAR_ beyond my capabilities :)?  *PLEASE* don't get me
wrong - I really appreciate the time you (and others) put in to
getting a program written to supply the missing functionality
(cygrunsrv is a superb example), but wouldn't you like _not_
to have to write the code?

Anyway, which.  The GNU version has several options which Corinnas'
version didn't...

$ which --help
Usage: which [options] [--] programname [...]
         --help,          Print this help and exit successfully.
         --skip-dot       Skip directories in PATH that start with a dot.
         --skip-tilde     Skip directories in PATH that start with a tilde.
         --show-dot       Don't expand a dot to current directory in output.
         --show-tilde     Output a tilde for HOME directory for non-root.
         --tty-only       Stop processing options on the right if not on
tty.
         --all, -a        Print all matches in PATH, not just the first
         --read-alias, -i Read list of aliases from stdin.
         --skip-alias     Ignore option --read-alias; don't read stdin.
         --read-functions Read shell functions from stdin.
         --skip-functions Ignore option --read-functions; don't read stdin.

And here's the setup.hint:

sdesc: "Displays where a particular program in your path is located"
ldesc: "Which takes one or more arguments. For each of its arguments
it prints to stdout the full path of the executables
that would have been executed when this argument had been
entered at the shell prompt. It does this by searching for
an executable or script in the directories listed in the
environment variable PATH using the same algorithm as bash."
prev: 1.5-1
test: 2.13-1
category: Base
requires:

*note* that this version is in deliberately as test *GRIN*.  It's a
complete change of code base so I think it warrants it :)  It also
has no package dependences (but you have to have Cygwin installed to
do anything with it ;)

and the rest of the files can be found at:
http://straylight.eu.org/~carl/which/

J.

of this email.