RE: which which

:) yeah, I know I could use the source, but at the time I had no interest in
it,
wasn't subscribed to any of the mailing lists and used Cygwin as a complete
(still am to a fair degree) newbie.  I just assumed (yea 'ass U me') that it
was the GNU one.  Maybe all the packages ought to state where they
originated?

J.