RE: [SETUP.exe] Couple observations on v2.171/ possible bugs

*blush* Thanks ;-).

>that
> if I clicked to any other window or several other windows that I had open I
> could click back to setup (and it would come to the top) with no
> problem until
> I got to the Chooser window.  Once chooser is open, if I clicked on other
> windows I could not click on setup and get it back to the top.  I had to
> minimize any window on top of it until it was the top window and then I could
> continue with setup.

Yeah, that's a known misfeature.  You can ALT-TAB back to it as well though (you
should be able to, can you?).  I think we can leave that one for the next
release, unless people think it will be a major problem.  I don't think there's
an easy fix for it.

> 2) I always do a download from internet and then do an install from local
> directory.  While doing my download I was given the option to update my tiff
> from version 3.5.5-3 to 3.5.6beta-2 and I selected keep the current version
> (3.5.5-3) and so setup did not download the 3.5.6beta-2 as would be
> expected.
> I checked and yes there is no 3.5.6beta-2 as there should not be.
> However when
> I then said Install from local directory I was still presented with
> the option
> to install the 3.5.6beta-2 version, even though it does not exist on my disk
> and it was not downloaded.  It would seem to me that if I am doing an install
> from local directory the only package versions that I should be shown
> are those
> for which there is actually a file on disk.  If the package is installed I
> should see it (for the purpose of uninstall or skip) but any other
> options like
> sources or a version install should be based on if the actual file exists.

I think I agree with you.  Rob, is this expected behavior?

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.