Re: whois package

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Bradshaw" <bradshaw@staff.crosswalk.com>

> Just wanted to drop in a reminder about the whois package.  Could I
get an
> official/unofficial nanny to check it over, or at least a note telling
me to
> shut up til people have more time?

Looks OK Mark. Does it build OOTB? I ask because the source archive has
no CYGWIN_PATCHES directory in it.

If it doesn't build OOTB then the place to put your patch is in
CYGWIN_PATCHES/ in the src archive, along with a README about what's
needed to recreate the binary package (for folk building custom
versions - i.e. with different configure switches.

Once that's answered/corrected, then I'll uplaod for you.

As a side note... you might be interested in utilising one of Chuck's
scripts for the packaging process - grab the source tarball for nearly
any of his packages, or the src tarball for libxsl (which has a script I
customised from Chucks), and a lot of the mechanics can be automated
easily.

Rob