Re: [ANN] apache_1.3.22 package available for setup inclusion

Stipe Tolj wrote:

> > Suppose you had both a native apache port and a cygwin apache port.
> > Assume both were built "shared" -- so both had a "libhttpd.dll" shared
> > library.  However, one is msvcrt.dll based, the other cygwin1.dll based.
> >   Because the respective httpd.exe's are inherently linked to these
> > DLL's, both require that the dirs containing those DLLs are in the
> > global system path -- but one of them must come first, since there's
> > only one global system path.
>
> mop, the Win32 native ports of Apache use ApacheCore.dll and
> ApacheFooBar.dll name structures for the shared libs.

Yet, if the dll is dependent on cygwin1.dll it must be prefixed with
`cyg'.  There is not a point of argument, it is an agreed upon
standard.  Not all packages that existed before the standard was stated
have been upgraded to the standard.  However, new packages being added
must meet that standard, regardless of other points of view.

My guess is that you're using a cross build platform that hasn't
incorporated the necessary changes to binutils to accomplish this
naturally.  If this is true then you need to upgrade your binutils cross
to the most current versions of cygwin released binutils source.

I am not trying to make it harder for you just because I feel like it.
I am trying to make it easier for everyone to create, use and port tools
in a standard fashion.  If we allow exceptions, then it will be harder
to determine standard in the future.

Earnie.