Re: whois package

Hallo Mark,

Am 2002-01-09 um 05:24 schriebst du:

> Just wanted to drop in a reminder about the whois package.  Could I get an
> official/unofficial nanny to check it over, or at least a note telling me to
> shut up til people have more time?

> http://www.networksimplicity.com/whois

I tried the executable, it seems to work well.
It is stripped now;)

The Cygwin specific README is in the source package.

Though, I prefer some more specific infos in the README,
so it isn't absolutely correct as you stated in the Cygwin
README, that you changed nothing than the prefix in the
makefile, there is this patch which, applied would put the
sources back to their original form.

Or isn't the patch part of your port to Cygwin?

Usual, or what is used often, is a seperate directory for
platform specific files like there is this debian directory,
on Cygwin there is often used a seperate directory too,
named `CYGWIN-PATCHES'.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=                                        mailto:gp@familiehaase.de