RE: whois package

It is, sorta (well not a FAQ, but still).
http://cygwin.com/setup.html#submitting:

"
9. Announce via cygwin-announce@cygwin.com that the new package, is available
for experimentation. Use a recent cygwin-announce message from one of the core
maintainers as a template for your announcement.

Once sent, your message will be reviewed by one of the cygwin-announce
moderators and, once approved, will be automatically forwarded to the cygwin
mailing list with an [ANNOUNCEMENT] prepended to the subject.
"

Number Nine... Number Nine... Number Nine...

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.