Re: whois package

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 07:22:10AM -0600, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> [...]

Wow.  I wonder who put that there.  Er, let's see.  I made a mistake.  Oops.
Not supposed to admit that.

What's the cygwin way of handling this?

"No one told me that setup.html was still a valid place to look!"

"It seems to me that it would be nice if this kind of information was
on the MAIN web page."

"I'm sorry but I've been too busy to read documentation -- even the stuff
that I wrote."

"Shouldn't this be a setup option?  I don't see why I have to read mailing
list announcements anyway."

"I just found a link to the cygwin mailing list from 1998 which
indicated that someone thought that web pages were bad.  Ah hah! I got
you!"

"I know about that web page!  Why are you telling me about it?  I'm
trying to say that the information should be somewhere on the cygwin web
site!"

"I think this should be a setup option -- display announcements.  I'm
willing to make the changes to do this but I can't find the sources
anywhere."

"Why don't you have some kind of automated system for sending out these
announcements so that people wouldn't have to remember to use things
like "Subjects"?  It seems to me that it would be a simple matter to
just write a program that grabbed all of the information from the README
and sent it to the APPROPRIATE mailing list.  If this can't be done then
I think cygwin will *never* become successful.  Remember:  Cygwin is now
starting to become popular with users not just programmers."

"I use setup.exe for install announcements!!!  Announced gcc but
gcc says 'command not found: gcc'!!!!  Program still does not announce!!!
Do I need more RAM????   I have 512MB!!!"

"Shouldn't this be a setup option?  I have tried everything but I'm unable
to download the announcments from your board.  Am I missing something?"