Re: ITP: libtool-devel, libtool-stable, libtool (wrappers)

Robert Collins wrote:

>>Okay, I've renamed the devel package:
>>
>>libtool-devel-20010531-6
>>

> that should be libtool_devel-20010531-6 shouldn't it?
> (devel is a flavour and thus part of the name).
>
> I _think_ that the current upset and setup.exe logic actually starts at
> the right and owrks left, so that teh '-''d name will appear in setup
> correctly, but I don't think we should rely on this behaviour.

Correct -- it does work from R to L.  If we cannot depend on this
behavior, then we must rename the following packages:

autoconf-devel
autoconf-stable
automake-devel
automake-stable
tetex-beta

Renaming is a bad thing...are you SURE we shouldn't rely on current
behavior?

--Chuck