Re: apache-1.3.22-4 no-detach patch

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 12:35:13AM +0100, Stipe Tolj wrote:
> > Corinna,
> >
> > could you please apply the attached patch against the last 1.3.22-3
> > source tree. This will turn detaching of the parent process off.
> > Please try if this makes cygrunsrv happy.
>
> Didn't you test it?  Anyway, I don't have the source tree.  I'd
> appreciate if you could give me a pointer to a binary archive.

I did test it if it stays attached and if the service itself is
operational. I wanted to let you do the cygrunsrv magic, it's your
thing I guess.

The apache-1.3.22-3 source tree is available from the location I
announced and the -4 patch applies to it. the /usr/doc/Cygwin readme
describes the configure flags to be used. It's pretty forward and
builds in <= 3 min.

> > I haven't included any extra starting flag. In this case apache does
> > not detach by default for Cygwin. Any objections from the others?
>
> Hmm, I'd vote for a command line option...  '-n' for `nodetach' or so?

-n is used for the Win32 native port as you pointed out. I'm not sure
what the Apache officials think about this. They may claim that this
may lead to confusion. Anyway, if we decide to have a flag, I would
appritiate it if it is OS-wide, that means any UNIX platform may use
it to run with no-detach. I have posted a RFC for this on the Apache
developers list.

Stipe

tolj@wapme-systems.de
Wapme Systems AG