Re: gcc -mno-cygwin STL support for setup.exe?

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 01:03:05PM -0500, Jason Tishler wrote:
>Unfortunately, I'm getting bogged down trying to add the rebase
>functionality to setup.exe due to the lack of STL.  I am hoping that
>I will not have to re-implement linked lists and possibly associated
>arrays too.  I see that Rob has a list class, but I don't think that it
>will meet all of my needs.

Weren't you going to rewrite rebase in C?  It is very likely that it wouldn't
be accepted into binutils otherwise.

>About a year ago, there was some discussion about adding libstdc++.a to
>Cygwin's gcc -mno-cygwin mode.  Can we revisit this issue?

The biggest issue with relying on libstdc++.a for for setup.exe is that it
requires this library to be built for cross-compilation.  I have no idea how
to do that.

We have a looming problem here, though, since we will need to include at
least a libsupc++.a for -mno-cygwin if/when we start using gcc 3.x.  I can't
build setup.exe with newer versions of gcc currently due to this lack.
I don't know if libstdc++.a even builds under mingw currently.