Re: [ANN] rcs-5.7 package available

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 12:11:50PM +0100, Stipe Tolj wrote:
> Ok, this one is quite missing in my eyes and it was almost OOTB.
>
> Check it out at the (now new) usual location:
> http://apache.dev.wapme.net/support/cygwin-packages/
>
> setup.hint:
>
> sdesc: "The Revision Control System (RCS)"
> ldesc: "The Revision Control System (RCS) manages multiple
> revisions of files. RCS automates the storing, retrieval,
> logging, identification, and merging of revisions. RCS is
> useful for text that is revised frequently, e.g., programs,
> documentation, graphics, papers, and form letters."
> category: Devel
> requires: cygwin

It looks ok except for two points:

> curr: 5.7

  ^^^^^^^^^
- Get rid of this in the setup.hint file.

- Repack the source archive so that it unpacks into rcs-5.7-1
  instead of rcs-5.7.  Always add the Cygwin subversion to the
  directory name.

As soon as you did that I'll upload that package to cygwin.com.

Thanks,
Corinna

For those concerned about textmode/binmode:  RCS is testing for
O_BINARY in the sources and uses that if necessary.

Red Hat, Inc.