Re: setup crashing - fixed?

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 08:44:23PM -0800, Michael A Chase wrote:
> [...]

Look in the 'alpha' directory.  I don't know why it is marked as alpha.
It seems pretty stable to me.

Or, at least it doesn't seem to delete files any more often than bazzoo
3.1 did.  According to the bazzoo mailing list, there is a simple way
to disallow this "feature" but I've never managed to make it work.  One
of these days, I have to look at the source and see exactly what I'm
doing wrong.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't actually tried this under
Windows yet but I can't imagine that bazzoo would work any differently
under Cygwin than it does under Linux.  It doesn't use any special stuff
besides unix domain sockets, vfork, and setuid.

I'm glad to see that there are other bazzoo users here.  This is a not
too small but still relatively unpowerful package suitable for both the
expert and the non-novice alike.