CVS with pserver: Binary files get corrupted

Hello,

due to company policy, I have to use Windows in my current project, so
I started using Cygwin to get a halfway decent environment.

I successfully managed to set up a CVS pserver on Cygwin. In our
project, we want to add some JAR files to the CVS, so the frameworks
API (here: Cocoon) can be assured to be on the same revision for all
developers.

But the jars arrive garbled in the repository, despite I added them
with the -kb option. First I thought it might be related to the text
mode I used for mounting the file systems, but transferring the
repository didn't change anything, I even tried to import a new
project from scratch.
For all binary files, linefeed is replaced by CR/LF, and yes, it
already happens when the files arrive in the repository.
As I read in an older posting by Corinna Vinschen concerning ash,
dated from April 2001, this might be related to the cvs pserver
process opening its socket with O_TEXT. Alas, grepping thru the
sources of cvs and inetutils showed me no place where I might try to
patch.

Using rsh is no opportunity because we get dynamic IPs, using ssh
with client certificates would involve additional software and
procedures, to which some of my collegues are not used to, and putting
the repository on a Windows share is too damn slow and lacks any
security.
Ah, and did I mention the policy keeps me from just putting Debian on
one of the boxes... :(

Any ideas regarding this problem? A patch would be quite handy!

TIA
--
Holger Spielmann
Germany