Re: RFP: NASM

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 11:53:58PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>Please keep replies on-list.
>
>And? Your points below don't give any rational that means NASM is good
>or bad to include. There are lots of things that only a few folk use in
>cygwin already - i.e. robots.
>
>Other things also build smoothly - ie squid, grep, ls, sh-utils, bash,
>to name a few. So that's also not a good criterion.
>
>As for the licence, they must be open source, but that's all.

Can I also point out that this I don't want to get into the habit of
people asking other people to maintain packages here?  I'd rather
that this list be used for people who are actually volunteering to
do something rather than asking other people to do things for them.

You can use the cygwin mailing list for the "I am not a programmer/I
don't have time" type of requests.