RE: pager in default install

--- Robert Collins <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au> wrote:
> We've been round this. Base is for _base_ stuff only. Not 'useful'. Not
> 'nice'. Base. Stuff without which the shell won't initialize, and users
> can't do anything.

I think the "users can't do anything" part is pretty subjective. I guess
I can understand not wanting to add anything new to base right now, but
why are 'diff', 'sed', 'which' in base right now? Because there was a
(arbitrary) list of packages for a "minimal" install:

(BTW, the list includes 'less' but that was left out for some reason.)
Here's a link to much later discussion of the issue, too:

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2001-11/msg00009.html