Re: info: single install xfree86 + minimal cygwin?

Robert Collins wrote:

>>They were simple changes to the script I wrote to repackage the
>>distributed archives. I'll try to write proper setup.hint
>>files for all
>>the packages.
>>

> Cool.

I'm unclear about how the -src packages (are/should be) handled, since
there are a great many "binary" packages in XFree, but only a few
original "source" packages.  In the past, when multiple "binary"
packages are generated from a single "source" package, we've done the
following:

ncurses-5.2-?-src.tar.bz2
   contains the actual src dist for ncurses/libncurses, with
   cygwin patches, build scripts, etc

However, building this -src generates two "binary" packages:
   ncurses-5.2-?.tar.bz2
   libncurses6-5.2-?.tar.bz2

So, we create an empty
   libncurses6-5.2-?-src.tar.bz2
that contains only a single README that says "go look over there, in
ncurses-5.2-?-src.tar.bz2".

Now, this works, and upset/setup are happy (every binary package has a
"src" package) but it is hackish, ugly, and a pain to maintain.  Is
there a better solution?  (Or can we discard the psuedo-src packages
without repurcussion?  Won't upset be upset by the "bin without src"
problem?)

--Chuck