RE: libtool devel package still dll crippled.

> >   _LT_AC_TAGVAR(always_export_symbols, $1)=yes
> >
> > Using "yes" causes libtool to use nm to
> generate a symbol
> > list, which is avoided by setting to "no".
>
> Are the symbol tables identical in both cases?

If have done a short try (nm of the two import libs and
diff) with a little helper project and they are the same

> Would Danny's whole archive patch help the symbols?

May be, I haven't tried yet. Do I remember right, that this
patch isn't in the official binutils releases yet ?

> must be some way to prevent ld outputting the imported
symbols as
> well as the exported symbols...

I'm using a special patched ld (based on the recent official
ld) which rejects exporting of all imported libs with a one
line patch

binutils/ld/pe-dll.c:234
/* Do not specify library suffix explicitly, to allow for
dllized versions.  *
static autofilter_entry_type autofilter_liblist[] =
{
  { "libgcc.", 7 },
  { "libstdc++.", 10 },
  { "libmingw32.", 11 },
+// RH: workaround to allow using static libs in multiple
dlls
  { NULL, 0 }
};

Ralf