From: "Charles Wilson" <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu>
To: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
Cc: <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2002 5:04 PM
Subject: Re: strange source packaging?

> > Can we get a diff for the HTML page?
>
> Okay....

Thanks...

> -standard Cygwin setup program.  This documents the syntax of the
> +standard Cygwin setup program. This documents the syntax of the

This change (not eye-visible) is wrong - Tabs have no meaning in HTML.
Mind you double spaces don't mean all that much either :}. However Tabs
are definately wrong.

> -on certain conventions being followed.  If they are not followed, bad
> +on certain conventions being followed. If they are not followed, bad

Ditto.

> -<p>Source tar files are named "package-version-src.tar.bz2".  Source
tar files
> -should contain the source files needed to rebuild the package.  While
> +<p>Source tar files are named "package-version-release-src.tar.bz2".
Source tar files
> +should contain the source files needed to rebuild the package. While

Ditto for the second line. (What editor are you using?)

> -the introducing field.  This usage is allowed but deprecated.  Please
> +the introducing field. This usage is allowed but deprecated.  Please

And again..

> -different from the name of the directory in which the package
resides.  This
> +different from the name of the directory in which the package
resides. This

And... here.

will

Guess what.. :}.

> -above.  Uses arrow keys for positioning over moles.  Space
> +above. Uses arrow keys for positioning over moles.  Space

I've included all these for completeness, not to be a pain. They need to
get fixed before committing.

> -word.  We don't anticipate that this will change anytime soon.
However,
> +word.  We don't anticipate that this will change anytime soon.
However,

Another.

> -This line follows the setup-timestamp in all setupl.ini files.  It
> +This line follows the setup-timestamp in all setupl.ini files. It

Guess what.

> -This is the "long description" of the package.  This text, if
> +This is the "long description" of the package. This text, if

And...

> -One package can belong to multiple categories.  Multiple categories
are
> +One package can belong to multiple categories. Multiple categories
are

Some more.

> -The requires line indicates the packages that this package belongs
to.  A
> -package can rely on multiple packages.  Multiple packages are
separated
> +The requires line indicates the packages that this package belongs
to. A
> +package can rely on multiple packages. Multiple packages are
separated

Hmm.. :}

> -run is not guaranteed.  Therefore, if your package depends on others
> +run is not guaranteed. Therefore, if your package depends on others

Finally <whew>

Rob