Re: ITP: netpbm

Charles Wilson <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu> writes:

> Wonderful, please do.

Ok.  I've been away from email, as you noticed, and will be back
tonight (CET).

I'll have to consider if any big problems arise, because this mustn't
turn into a time sink.

> BTW, I have had a private version of netpbm, packaged in a
> 'setup-compatible' way, for some time now.  When I get home, I'll put
> my version somewhere that you can access; you may want to expropriate
> some of my patches...

Ok, I'd like to have a look.  What do these patches do, ie, (why)
can't they flow upstream?

> Also, which png have you linked against?  1.0.12, or 1.0.13?

1.0.13.

I'll change dependencies to libpng10, and will split the package into
netpbm, libnetpbm9, libnetpbm9-dev[el], simply mimicking what Debian
is doing; that should be enough?

I'll have to read up to the # binaries thing, the only thing I would
like to consider* is moving /usr/bin to /usr/bin/netpbm, but I'd
rather not.

Greetings,
Jan.

* but only if there's a good reason because of broken filesystem and
  lookup support, and some sort of consensus (summary, anyone? :-)

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter