RE: libgetopt++ and setup and libstdc++

Perhaps I wasn't clear. This is only for CVS. Distributions and -src
packages will naturally have the autotool generated files included.

However, CVS is _not_ a distribution, and anyone developing from CVS
will require the autotool suite if they make any non-trivial changes.

That's part of why AM_MAINTAINER_MODE exists, and what 'make dist-all'
is for.

If I was clear, and you still think CVS should have those files...

http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_43.html#SEC43
paragraph 4. The bootstrap recipe is what I follow, and it's been very
reliable and easy to use on several projects.

Rob