RE: ITP: netpbm

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Charles Wilson [mailto:cwilson@ece.gatech.edu]
> Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2002 2:46 AM

> But cygwin is used on
> both NTFS and
> FAT...

Which is the killer question: is adding a directory to the search path
more or less of a performance hog than adding x-100 .exes and/or .dll's
to the /usr/bin directory. And will the inevitable 'my dos script can't
find netpbm foobar tool' questions be worth it?

Well my system32 directory here has 1971 files. Adding a coupla hundred
optional files doesn't seem all that bad to me.

And hey, if FAT is too slow, folk can always install the windows ext2
driver.

Rob